WHAT IS "BBOYICONS" ?


BBOY ICONS is an artistic illustration project about bboys an bboying culture. This blog presents BBOYS who seen as superheroes because of their extraodinary dancing faculties and the respect they arouse.
PEACE OUT GUYS. LET'S DANCE !

THE ANSWER

Hi Focus,

First, I just want to tell you that I have a lot of respect for you as a person and as a dancer, as well as for your crew Flow Mo and for all the fresh creativity you bring to your dance.

I had the opportunity to meet you during the Battle hip Opsession in France three years ago. You even signed a copy of your DVD for me. It was such a great pleasure to meet you!

I just read on your blog today that you consider my work as a copy of Wartecs's creation. I'm really sorry about that. However, I consider my work different from Wartecs's.
I admit that it's a comics cover detournement but it's much more than that. I also did some research about bboys and reinterpreted them as super heros. I tried to draw bboys in the style of old comics designers.

My sources of inspiration are basetball cards, comics books, Afrikabambatta's, wu tang lp’s and Massive Monkey's website.
It wasn’t my goal to copy the work of Wartecs. Especially since we had the same idea at the same time but the outcome is different.

I’m not famous in the world of bboying so maybe you think my work isn’t worth it. You have the right to have your own opinion. Such a shame!


At last but not least, you’re one of my favourite dancers.
Much respect to you


Z-roy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire